The Personnel Modernization (PersMod) Program is seeking a Program Technical Architect to join their team in Arlington, VA area who will provide technical leadership to program and act as the primary technical interface with the client. You will be engaged with a suite of systems and apps performing Navy Personnel, Data Warehousing and Data Science functions, along with the on- premise and AWS environments that host the systems. You will be the driving force for technical efficiency and modernization for these essential Navy capabilities.
- Function as Technical Architect for multiple projects within the AWS Cloud.
- Monitors and engages with engineers and developers on a wide-variety of issues, providing advice and oversight, based on hands on experience, for task order engineering teams.
- Researches and integrates system architecture strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility, interface design and performances considerations.
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Provides technical guidance and work leadership to engineers.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of relevant technology as relevant or assigned.
- Function as a senior technical member of the program team.
- Create roadmaps and white papers as needed.
- Brief GDIT and Client leadership teams as necessary.
- Participates in special projects and bid efforts as required.
BS in a related technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) + 10 years of related architecture and/or software development experience, or MS in a related technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) + 8 years related experience.
- 5-10 years of full stack architectural experience
- 5-10 years of successful technical leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing service providers.
- Ability to lead and grow diverse & highly talented teams.
- Minimum DoD Interim Secret Clearance
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services (FedRAMP and Public)
Other Pertinent Information:
- 6 month assignment and conversion at end of 6 months.
- Telework acceptable when not required onsite for client or staff meetings or on travel.
- Frequent travel expected in first 2 months, but then should limit to 1 or less trips a month. (New Orleans)