The Education Instructor is responsible for education services for children in an on-site children’s residential facility. Responsible for the education and implementation of curriculum in the classroom for minors during their stay at the facility. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of children during school hours
- Implements curriculum for each child according to the academic level and any particular needs he or she may have.
- Provides educational services based on the individual academic development, literacy level, and linguistic ability of each unaccompanied child.
- Interacts with children in an appropriate manner, including playing games or during recreational time
- Provides remedial education and after-school tutoring as needed
- Maintains the child’s education case file and database in accordance with policies and procedures
Bilingual in Spanish and English (Read, Write, Speak)
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Spanish or English, social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science.
- 1 year of experience providing education to children/adolescents. Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Clean criminal background check. Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CA/N) or child protective services check