1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation.
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Certifications (IAT Level III)
One of the following:
- CASP CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
and one of the following:
- Linux+ - CompTIA Linux+
- LPIC-3 - Senior Level Linux Professional
- OCE-OSSA - Oracle Certified Expert - Oracle Solaris System Administrator
- RHCDS - Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist
- MCITP (Enterprise Administrator) - Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP (Server Administrator) - Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
· 5+ years of experience
· Experience with Red Hat Linux, Windows, MAC