About the Job
At Alternative Behavior Strategies (ABS) we create positive learning environments for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder so they can develop new life-skills in a safe space. We match you with a rewarding profession and provide paid training to ensure that your rewarding profession is also a successful career.
ABS has received multiple national awards from the Behavioral Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE). In 2017 we were awarded Best in Staff Satisfaction. Additionally, we have been recognized as being in the top 10% for Clinical Quality. We take pride in making ABS an amazing place to work, as well as being a top service provider. We aim to improve the quality of services across the United States by providing excellent care to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental disabilities.
Our Behavior Interventionists foster and develop a variety of daily-living skills in children with special needs. Therapy plans may include naturalistic teaching strategies (NTS), verbal behavior (VB) and discrete trial teaching (DTT). We serve our patients primarily in their home, school, or dedicated office, if available. Our Behavior Interventionists enjoy flexible schedules of 2-3 weekday afternoon or evening shifts (2pm-8pm) and 1 weekend day (9am-4pm). This career requires high energy and the ability to adapt to each child’s environment. You must be inventive, patient, supportive, understanding and committed to the progress of your patient’s development. Each day is rewarding and you can take pride knowing that you’re helping children and their families.
- Provide one-on-one behavior therapy to children with special needs
- Help children learn to interact, play and communicate, while helping them to reduce detrimental behaviors
- Collect relevant data using games, apps and web-based technology via mobile devices
- Participate in one-on-one and group meetings to report client progress and get supervisor feedback
- Use the data you collect to see the children’s progress!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License, Auto Insurance, and Reliable Vehicle
- At least one (1) year experience working with children
- Passionate about helping other people
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in unrelated field with applicable work/volunteer history/RBT certification (ABS will train and register employee as an RBT)
- Desire to become Board Certified Behavior Analyst (we offer tuition assistance)
- Extensive paid upfront & ongoing training
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Paid drive time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (if applicable)
- Personal Time Off / Paid Sick Time off (if applicable)
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Sophisticated technology for paperless files and data tracking
- Frequent supervision and guidance
So… Why ABA Therapy?
ABA therapy is a proven solution for many who are on the autism spectrum. Given the increase in the rate of children being diagnosed with autism, (1 out of every 59 children) it is one of the most rapidly growing segments in healthcare. Many are unsure if it is a good career choice for them, as it appears on the surface to be complicated and technical.
We believe if you have experience and enjoyed working in any of the following positions/fields, you should apply:
After-School Counselor, Autism, Babysitting, Behavior Analyst, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Behavioral Health, Behavioral Health Technician, Behavior Specialist, Camp Counselor, Caregiver, Child Development, Childcare, Children, Coach, Developmental Condition, Developmental Disabilities, Direct Support Professionals, Education, Healthcare, Hospice care, Intervention, Kids, Mental Health Specialist, Medical student, Marriage Family Therapist, MFT, Modification, Paraprofessional, Preschool Teacher, Psychology, Respite Care, Social Learning, Social Services, Social Skills, Social Work, Sociology, Special Education Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Teacher's aide, Therapy, Tutor, Working with Children, Youth Program Coordinator.
Likewise, if you have educational background in any of the following fields, we encourage you to apply: Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Science, Child Development, Counseling, Early Childhood Education, Education, Human Development, Liberal Studies, Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry, Speech and Hearing Services, Social Work, Rehabilitation, Sociology, or related field.
At ABS we celebrate diversity and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. ABS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.