We are joining a professional communications industry that, for far too long, has focused on expanding the influence of the powerful while systematically excluding diverse voices. At A/B we are writing a new story. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms. We are here to find new ways into the headlines and to move people toward the values that will accelerate transformative shifts in policy and human understanding.
We do this by understanding the two sides of every story: A and B. The A story is the story we can see, the news cycle we can influence. The B story is mostly invisible, but powerful. It’s driven by the unwritten rules and power dynamics that shape people’s beliefs, behaviors and values. Social and political change requires us to tackle both stories, to win the conversation but also to focus it on promoting new values and attacking the silent assumption that who we are should dictate our ability to live up to our full potential.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial talent to help build A/B from the ground up.
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis. All roles will be based in New York City, but can be remote for the right candidate.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Strategy Director to lead engagements that grow the impact and influence of some of the world’s leading organizations and changemakers across a range of online and social channels. The Digital Strategy Director proactively consumes media online and believes in the power of digital to shift people’s behavior and values to address enduring and emerging social problems. They will work with an interdisciplinary team of communicators and strategists to deliver work that is consistently creative, strategic, and wins real victories for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6-8 years experience as a strategist in a campaign, creative, digital agency or related environment, with a knack for identifying compelling content
- A successful track record building social media campaign strategies across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Hootsuite and SproutSocial
- A strong grasp of how to influence decision-makers and drive persuasion
- Hands-on experience building paid media plans and overseeing ad operations on Facebook Ads Manager, DoubleClick Marketing Stack, Google AdWords, YouTube TrueView, and/or Twitter Ads
- Expertise extracting insights from data and planning next steps across multiple channels
- Organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of multi-channel campaigns
- Solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams
- Ability to own and deliver large-scale projects under tight deadlines by effectively managing teams
- Management experience, with the ability to deliver feedback effectively
- A commitment to training and developing staff members on your team
- A successful track record of developing paid, earned, and owned media tactics and analyzing results to improve campaign performance
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS and building email templates, with familiarity with email distribution programs and listserv management (e.g. BSD, NGP-VAN, Nationbuilder, Salsa, MailChimp) preferred, but not required
The Digital Strategy Director will have overall responsibility for day-to-day problem-solving and execution on moderate complexity engagements. If this role, you will:
- Proactively propose creative strategies to help clients achieve their organizational goals— studying a client's goals and challenges, auditing their digital presence, and proposing digital-based solutions
- Develop strong systems for quality assurance of deliverables
- Work with a team to develop strategies for how a given client will reach a target audience and mobilize them to take key actions that will have measurable impact on an issue
- Oversee the development of compelling content for digital marketing, working with the team to ensure all work aligns with organizational and messaging goals
- Ensure that digital engagement and advertising campaigns are set up correctly and consistently being optimized for high performance
- Conduct and share timely and regular analysis of digital marketing performance, and develop and implement strategies to grow the impact of our work
- Make recommendations on new technologies and strategies that could increase the effectiveness and visibility of our clients’ impact
- Train clients and colleagues on digital best practices and trends by codifying knowledge and ensuring comprehension
The salary band for this role starts at $85,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry.Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.