We are joining a professional communications industry that, for far too long, has focused on expanding the influence of the powerful while systematically excluding diverse voices. At A/B we are writing a new story. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms. We are here to find new ways into the headlines and to move people toward the values that will accelerate transformative shifts in policy and human understanding.
We do this by understanding the two sides of every story: A and B. The A story is the story we can see, the news cycle we can influence. The B story is mostly invisible, but powerful. It’s driven by the unwritten rules and power dynamics that shape people’s beliefs, behaviors and values. Social and political change requires us to tackle both stories, to win the conversation but also to focus it on promoting new values and attacking the silent assumption that who we are should dictate our ability to live up to our full potential.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial talent to help build A/B from the ground up.
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis. All roles will be based in New York City, but can be remote for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of experience in graphic design, preferably at an agency or media company
- A diverse portfolio of social media content that demonstrates ability to adapt design based on the brief
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and either Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- A track record of creating multi-channel social and print content that is accessible to the user and drives high engagement
- A knack for generating new concepts that communicate ideas clearly
- The ability to distill feedback into actionable steps
- Experience working in a rapid response environment
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- A passion for progressive politics
- Experience with animation helpful, but not required
- Own the development of compelling content that drives high engagement
- Proactively seek out learning opportunities to master new design skills
- Ask insightful questions to clarify feedback to inform the final product
- Foster a strong working relationship with partners and teammates to solve design challenges
- Pay strong attention to detail to meet design specifications for any given deliverable
- Consistently deliver high-quality work on time, on brief, and adheres to style guidelines
- Create templates that enable rapid response to moments in the news cycle
- Synthesize partner needs into clear deliverables and realistic timelines
The salary band for this role starts at $60,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry.Women, people of color, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a link to your portfolio in the website field.