We are joining a professional communications industry that, for far too long, has focused on expanding the influence of the powerful while systematically excluding diverse voices. At A/B we are writing a new story. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms. We are here to find new ways into the headlines and to move people toward the values that will accelerate transformative shifts in policy and human understanding.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate that has the drive to build an organization that uses the power of storytelling to drive change on the most important issues of our time. The successful candidate will collaborate with visionary leaders and work hand-in-hand with a high-energy, creative, entrepreneur and movement leader with a proven track record of launching and leading organizations that move people of color, women, and LGBTQ people from the margins to the center of politics. You’ll have the chance to grow in this position as the organization scales, and gain responsibility throughout the duration of your career at A/B Partners. The term for the role is an initial 18-24 month cycle, after which a candidate will move on to lead a critical aspect of the company or move on to a new organization prepared for a senior executive or CEO role.
The role will be based in New York City.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the CEO is working on the most important items for the company.
- Help complete priority items for the CEO on tight timelines to an appropriate level of quality.
- Keep the CEO accountable for commitments, while helping keep team members accountable for results.
- Keep the CEO accessible and open to new ideas and proposals from the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in social and political movements, with a passion for equity and bringing people together to build power
- An instinct for the art of storytelling and a student of cultural expression, including performance, film, music, and design, among others
- 7-10 years of experience deepening relationships with senior-level partners
- A desire to build an equitable culture in a creative, competitive, high-intensity organization
- An aptitude for powerful, persuasive writing in multiple formats
- Highly organized with a sense of humor
The salary band for this role starts at $100,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.