We are seeking an Audience Development Specialist to increase The Kicker’s audience size, engagement and subscriber growth. Their focus will be on distribution, analytics, and growth.
- Work closely with editorial team of The Kicker to build audience around video, written and image based daily content.
- Use analytics tools to measure effectiveness of audience growth strategies, identify trends for editorial team, and make recommendations for targeting and engagement (Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Responsible for internal reporting including weekly and monthly cross-channel reports
- Execute on paid marketing campaigns specific but not limited to YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
- Ensure all Kicker YouTube videos are properly posted and positioned on TheKicker.com
- Work with the Above Average development team to post and promote videos from outside creators
- Manage distribution and audience strategy on behalf of and in collaboration with key partners such as NBC Sports, Turner, Vox and others
- Manage uploading/scheduling/tagging/boosting of "hero" videos on Facebook
- Creatively repurposing our vast library of content
- Champion the effort to increase visibility, search performance, subscribers and overall view of The Kicker content on YouTube, Facebook, and The Kicker website.
- Manage YouTube content, metadata, and optimization
- Manage ad platforms such as Google Adwords and Facebook Business Manager, and audience growth campaigns
- Provide guidance on video marketing materials such as thumbnails, metadata, cover art and logos
- Community management to retain engaged audience
- Work with sales team to manage outside marketing and audience vendors on branded content executions.
- Research new and interesting ways of directing traffic and viewership
- Create the weekly newsletter
- Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager, Insights, Google Adwords
- Familiarity with sports and pop culture
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint)
- Basic HTML or CMS experience a plus
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus
- BA/BS Degree
- Publisher audience development, marketing or programming experience required
- 3-5 Years experience from an innovative/new publisher preferred