Reports to: Ben Zagorski, CRO
Job Purpose: Above Average is seeking a VP, Brand Strategy & Integrated Marketing to manage the strategic ideation of both pro-active and RFP response packages to drive marketing campaigns and brand content partnerships through the post-sale activation process.
This role is responsible for developing and delivering in presentation form innovative content-led campaigns in collaboration with creative services and marketing teams. Post-sale, this role will be responsible for overseeing the marketing execution of these campaigns ensuring programs are on time and on budget and that there is creative and marketing alignment with brand voice, messaging and objective.
- Contribute to the brand RFP response process by crafting brand centric marketing strategies that clearly communicate program concepts, elements, and benefits
- Collaborate with sales, creative services and marketing teams to align departments and develop fully fleshed out campaign strategies across all digital platforms (YouTube, Facebook, O&O, etc.)
- Develop campaign budget models across production, distribution, and campaign partners to ensure project margins and deliver client value
- Work with Sales on developing media & sponsorship opportunities
- Develop sales one-sheets and presentation materials for programming, sponsorship, and tent-pole selling opportunities
- Track competitive landscape
- Leverage a mix of research/insights and emerging trends to strengthen the value and innovation of Above Average campaigns
- Develop thorough knowledge of Above Average assets and products across all platforms
- Further relationships with agency and platform partners to execute large scale brand partnerships
- Proactively pursue, create and foster creative and distribution partnerships with third parties to enhance Above Average reach offerings
- Create and maintain marketing and pitch collateral
- Bachelor’s Degree required plus a minimum of 5-7 years of related integrated marketing experience at a publisher, brand, or agency
- Experience and knowledge with digital media marketing, social media marketing, platforms and products
- Experience with content-led sales, and experience with comedy a plus
- Production and branded content experience a plus
- Expert at MS Powerpoint, Excel and Word
Above Average provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Above Average complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Above Average is a multi-disciplinary entertainment company that creates original, premium programming for networks, brands, and fans spanning digital, TV, commercial, and social. Founded in 2012 as an independent subsidiary of Lorne Michaels’ Broadway Video, Above Average is a digital-first company with a 40-year television and film legacy. Above Average specializes in making smart comedy programming with today’s top talent and rising stars, and is best known for its popular series 7 Minutes in Heaven, Alec Baldwin’s Love Ride and Sound Advice starring SNL’s Vanessa Bayer. The company publishes content across its owned and operated Above Average channels and its sports comedy vertical, The Kicker. Outside of its proprietary platforms, Above Average has produced original content for brands including Pepsi, Lexus, and Oreo, and networks including Comedy Central, IFC, and TruTV.
The Kicker is the web's leading destination for short-form sports comedy, and is a digital property of Above Average. Led by editor-in-chief Bryan Tucker (who also serves as Saturday Night Live co-head writer), The Kicker collaborates with top athletes, comedians and celebrities to create premium original videos and web series. For dedicated and casual fans alike, The Kicker applies a uniquely humorous perspective to sports news, events, and culture every day. The Kicker was launched in 2015.