Abe AI is hiring for a VP of Data Science. We are a fintech provider based in Orlando with options for remote employees. We are passionate about: fintech, learning, and building genuinely excellent and impactful technology.
We focus on creating simplicity and convenience in everyone's financial lives. We empower financial institution's customers to engage, transact, and self-service on any voice-and-messaging channels like Amazon's Alexa or Facebook messenger. By creating virtual assistants which are communicative, actionable, and insightful, Abe AI is automating and optimizing financial experiences for everyday people.
At Abe AI, you’ll have the chance to make a impact on millions of lives through machine learning, be a part of crafting a rapidly-growing company and industry, and be an instrumental part of that growth. You’ll be in a position to make decisions that impact Abe AI’s future and direction, with all the opportunity and responsibility that goes along with that, working alongside an incredible team. If this is starting to sound exciting, awesome! You might be who we’re looking for.
You should apply for this job if you really enjoy and are good at:
- Defining & driving vision data products, processes, and teams
- Taking machine learning products from the concept stage to production
- Managing and growing a team of data scientists
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to determine best path to customer value
- Defining appropriate metrics to measure performance
- Automating the optimization of machine learning algorithms
- Maintaining & architecting production-level infrastructure
- Establishing and enforcing proper documentation, change management, and testing protocols
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Managing tasks and driving completion within time constraints
It will help a lot if your work experience reflects:
- 8+ years in data science
- Expert level knowledge of Python
- Real world production and implementation, including working with live, dynamic, and unstructured data and productionalized algorithms
- Previous leadership/mentoring roles
- Solid understanding of NLU, including, but not limited to, entity recognition, intent classification, and word embeddings
- Production experience with deep learning (including CNNs, RNNs, and LSTMs) as well as other various classification and regression models
- Familiarity with Keras, Tensorflow, and scikit-learn
- Experience utilizing Restful web development techniques to develop microservices
What’s it like to work at Abe AI? We’re a growing company, we keep up a fast pace, and we push ourselves to balance speed, quality, and customer needs (not always easy), so we hire great people that we respect, who know what they’re doing, and whom we trust to do an excellent job. The work schedule is flexible - you'll have options to work from home several days a week, and to build work around time with family, and for resting and re-charging. You’ll get excellent vacation options, and we have health, dental, and vision benefit options for all of our full-time employees.
We have six core values as a company, and we expect everyone on the team to embrace, practice, and advocate for them. They are:
- Founder mentality - If not me, then who? If not now, then when?
- Communication - Articulate your ideas clearly. Listen to your teammates intently before you react
- Accountability - Think carefully how your day-to-day contributions affect the big picture
- Transparency - Be open with your work and ask hard questions
- Impact - Accomplish incredible amounts of meaningful work
- Expression - Have a voiced opinion and a stake in what we're doing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.