Abe AI is hiring for a Senior Systems Engineer. We are a fintech provider based in Orlando with options for remote employees. We are passionate about: fintech, learning, and building genuinely excellent and impactful technology.
We focus on creating simplicity and convenience in everyone's financial lives. We empower financial institution's customers to engage, transact, and self-service on any voice-and-messaging channels like Amazon's Alexa or Facebook messenger. By creating virtual assistants which are communicative, actionable, and insightful, Abe AI is automating and optimizing financial experiences for everyday people.
At Abe AI, you’ll have the chance to grow your own skills and experience, be a part of crafting a rapidly-growing company and industry, and be an instrumental part of that growth. You’ll be in a position to make decisions that impact Abe AI’s future and direction, with all the opportunity and responsibility that goes along with that, working alongside the best people we can find. If this is starting to sound exciting, awesome! You might be who we’re looking for.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you are genuinely passionate about development operations, a systems geek, are highly organized, excel at seeing the big picture, and don’t mind getting into the code as needed. Also, you like working with the customers actually using our on-premise products and are a proven communicator. This role may call for occasional travel. You’ll work directly with our VP of Engineering, as well as with the rest of the engineering team.
This could be the job for you if you really enjoy and are good at:
- Maintaining, improving, and monitoring our AWS/Kubernetes deployment stack
- Making sure that our uptime is 99.999%
- Installing, monitoring, and maintaining on-premise customer deployments
- Building a system with future needs, stability, security and growth in mind
- Resolving and reporting possible incidents
- Defining, implementing and assessing system reporting and monitoring needs
- Monitoring and testing application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and collaborating with the engineering team to implement those fixes
- Participating in the design of information and operational support systems
- Working closely with the engineering, data science, and product teams, to deliver high quality products
It will help a lot if your work experience reflects:
- 5+ years experience in development operations
- Familiarity with multiple cloud platforms
- Google Cloud
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
It’s a nice bonus if you have worked with any of the following:
What’s it like to work at Abe AI? We’re a growing company, we keep up a fast pace, and we push ourselves to balance speed, quality, and customer needs (not always easy), so we hire great people that we respect, who know what they’re doing, and whom we trust to do an excellent job. The work schedule is flexible - you'll have options to work from home several days a week, and to build work around time with family, and for resting and re-charging. You’ll get excellent vacation options, and we have health, dental, and vision benefit options for all of our full-time employees.
We have six core values as a company, and we expect everyone on the team to embrace, practice, and advocate for them. They are:
- Founder mentality - If not me, then who? If not now, then when?
- Communication - Articulate your ideas clearly. Listen to your teammates intently before you react
- Accountability - Think carefully how your day-to-day contributions affect the big picture
- Transparency - Be open with your work and ask hard questions
- Impact - Accomplish incredible amounts of meaningful work
- Expression - Have a voiced opinion and a stake in what we're doing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.