Aaptiv is a digital health company that provides the guidance, motivation and tools everyone needs to achieve their personal health goals. Launched in 2016, Aaptiv has transformed the lives of over 200K members around the world. Aaptiv members get unlimited access to thousands of workouts led by world-class trainers, group training with Aaptiv Team Challenges, and a daily custom health plan created by Aaptiv Coach.
Aaptiv has raised more than $60M from leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney. To learn more, visit Aaptiv.com
Want to join our team? We’re looking for people who are passionate about continuing to improve the Aaptiv experience that our members around the world have come to love.
About the Role
Aaptiv—the world's fastest-growing mobile fitness app—is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Product Designer with 5+ years of experience to join our product design team.
This is a unique opportunity to play a major role in shaping the future of a product that helps hundreds of thousands of people to achieve their fitness goals, improve their health, and feel great about themselves. You’ll play an integral role in formulating product strategy and vision, lead the development of exciting new features, and help us to improve the existing experience.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the vision and strategy for our mobile product alongside your product and engineering counterparts
- Contribute to overall product strategy through concept generation and prototyping
- Conduct research studies and experiments to gather information used to drive design decisions
- Translate complex ideas into simple, user-friendly designs
- Use our design principles and existing visual frameworks to produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are visually elegant and cohesive with the rest of our product
- Work with engineers to ensure proper design implementation
- Contribute to our internal design system and component library
- Frequently give and solicit structured feedback with fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
Who You Are
- You LOVE design and care deeply about the quality of your work
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer (or comparable position)
- You have a shareable portfolio of simple, easy-to-use, and beautiful designs that explains the problems at hand and how you solved them
- You understand how to guide a project through a defined design process and use it to contextualize your work in order to solicit the right type of feedback at a given stage
- You're an excellent problem solver and are able to clearly communicate the reasons behind your design decisions
- You regularly reference product goals and can speak confidently about how your work relates to the broader product vision and company objectives
- You believe in defining success metrics and making data-driven decisions
- You understand the ins and outs of designing native mobile applications
Not only will the work you do at Aaptiv be meaningful and rewarding, but you'll get to do it in a fun environment alongside a diverse group of friendly, talented people. In order to hire the best, we offer competitive salaries and equity, great benefits, and lots of perks, including catered breakfasts and lunches, unlimited vacation, and unbelievable views of New York City from our office at One World Trade Center.
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.