Aaptiv is a digital health company that provides the guidance, motivation and tools everyone needs to achieve their personal health goals. Launched in 2016, Aaptiv has transformed the lives of over 200K members around the world. Aaptiv members get unlimited access to thousands of workouts led by world-class trainers, group training with Aaptiv Team Challenges, and a daily custom health plan created by Aaptiv Coach.
Aaptiv has raised more than $60M from leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney. To learn more, visit Aaptiv.com.
Want to join our team? We’re looking for people who are passionate about continuing to improve the Aaptiv experience that our members around the world have come to love.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineer to join Aaptiv’s Core Services and Recommendations team. You’ll spend most of your time working in the code, whether that’s actively building a feature, debugging an issue or reviewing a pull request. The Core Services team is responsible for foundational systems that run A/B tests, serve workouts, handle payments and provide workout recommendations, to name a few specific areas. As a member of this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a number of different key areas, but also to go deep on specific parts.
What You’ll Do
- Work with other engineers to architect and implement critical services for our native and web applications
- Ensure the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of the solutions you develop
- Communicate technical decisions through tech talks, design docs, etc.
- Work closely with product managers to develop solutions and clarify requirements
- Provide feedback to other engineers via code reviews, pairing and design reviews
Who You Are
- You have multiple years of experience building services/APIs
- You have strong knowledge of a server side language (like Python or Java)
- You have a good knowledge of infrastructure, build systems and version control
- You’ve worked with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure (we use AWS)
- You understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs
- You can take a large project and break it down into small tasks with minimal oversight
- You take the initiative to fix problems before being assigned them
- You have experience with automated testing and believe it makes teams go faster, not slower
- You possess empathy with the user of the software you’re producing and you use that empathy to guide decision-making
- You are open to feedback and actively seek it out
- Bonus: You have experience with recommendation systems/machine learning (or you’re genuinely excited to learn!)
Not only will the work you do at Aaptiv be meaningful and rewarding, but you'll get to do it in a fun environment alongside a diverse group of friendly, talented people. In order to hire the best, we offer competitive salaries and equity, great benefits, and lots of perks, including catered breakfasts and lunches, unlimited vacation, and unbelievable views of New York City from our office at One World Trade Center.
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.