Aaptiv is a digital health company that provides the guidance, motivation and tools everyone needs to achieve their personal health goals. Launched in 2016, Aaptiv has transformed the lives of over 200K members around the world. Aaptiv members get unlimited access to thousands of workouts led by world-class trainers, group training with Aaptiv Team Challenges, and a daily custom health plan created by Aaptiv Coach.
Aaptiv has raised more than $60M from leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney. To learn more, visit Aaptiv.com.
Want to join our team? We’re looking for people who are passionate about continuing to improve the Aaptiv experience that our members around the world have come to love.
About the Role
As a software engineer on Aaptiv’s Engagement team, you’ll work closely with our mobile engineers to create new features in our iOS and Android apps. These features will be used by Aaptiv’s 200K+ members. Most of your work will be on the backend building new APIs, but you might also work on other systems, such as our web app or our internal tools.
We believe the best products are built by teams that collaborate, not by individuals. Our engineers make a significant contribution to the why and how of the products being built. They’re involved from brainstorming features to delivery. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting new features that help people achieve their fitness goals and that have a meaningful impact on the company.
What You’ll Do
- Build the backend functionality for new features in our mobile apps. You’ll work closely with our mobile engineers to agree on the API contract and then figure out the best way to implement it. You’ll work all the way from the endpoints to the underlying data model.
- Add supporting functionality to our internal tools.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers to determine the best solution for the user problems we’re trying to solve.
- Use automated testing, monitoring and alerting to ensure your services work the way they’re supposed to and when they’re not, you’re aware of it.
- Participate in code reviews, both giving and receiving feedback.
Who You Are
- You have multiple years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and testing services.
- You are comfortable working with SQL and relational databases.
- You value code quality, but understand that perfection is not the goal. More importantly, you know when it’s appropriate to make tradeoffs.
- You are always willing to pitch in to help your team no matter what the task may be.
- You believe that automated test make teams move faster, not slower.
- You welcome feedback and actively seek it out.
Not only will the work you do at Aaptiv be meaningful and rewarding, but you'll get to do it in a fun environment alongside a diverse group of friendly, talented people. In order to hire the best, we offer competitive salaries and equity, great benefits, and lots of perks, including catered breakfasts and lunches, unlimited vacation, and unbelievable views of New York City from our office at One World Trade Center.
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.