Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market—with nearly 200,000 paid subscribers in less than 2 years of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
Aaptiv is seeking a highly driven and passionate Director of Strategic PR with an innate understanding of the ever-evolving PR landscape to lead the company’s public relations efforts. The right person has an extensive PR background and holds rich relationships across the media industry that they’re excited to leverage for Aaptiv. Reporting to the VP of Business Development & Communications, this role will play an integral role in building Aaptiv’s reputation as a leading company in the consumer tech space, as well as dramatically expanding our membership community.
What You'll Do
- Lead overarching PR strategy for Aaptiv, including development of corporate communications plan, messaging grid, and ongoing conceptualization of stories that highlight Aaptiv’s unique product and presence within the tech and wellness space
- Develop go to market communication strategies for new product launches, company milestones and key brand moments
- Generate meaningful and consistent coverage that establishes and builds Aaptiv’s reputation as a leading company in the consumer tech space and disruptor to the fitness space
- Establish and maintain relationships with key media across all appropriate sectors and markets
- Produce all necessary media relations materials, not limited to press releases, fact sheets, talking points, briefing materials, etc.
- Implement media training for Aaptiv leadership and all necessary employees
- Seek consistent brand and company leadership coverage beyond traditional media – events, conferences, panel discussions, etc.
Who You Are
- 5-7+ years PR experience, either agency or in house
- Deep relationships with editors across multiple industries (tech, business, consumer)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding and passion for the ever-evolving industry of PR
- Experience pitching, booking, and covering national and local media
- Knowledge of consumer tech and startup world
- Self-starter with a strong ability to work independently while also collaborating with other key team members and stakeholders across the company
- Impeccable project management skills
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced environment for a disruptive tech company