Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market—with nearly 200,000 paid subscribers in less than 2 years of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
At Aaptiv, we empower our team to build products that our users love. As a part of a small, dedicated team, you will work closely with Product and Design and your input will have a large impact on how and why our product is built. You will also partner with other engineers to design the API used by both of our mobile apps.
What You'll Do
- Work alongside other engineers to build features in our Android app that help users easily find workouts that are right for them
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to determine the best user experience for our users
- Ensure that we’re writing high quality code through code reviews and automated tests
- Quickly build out prototypes to test out new features and product ideas
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working with the Android SDK
- A track record of published apps on Google Play
- Experience building Android apps that consume RESTful APIs
- Ability to work in a team
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing using technologies such as Mockito and Espresso
- Experience with the In-app Billing API and Google Play services.
- Experience with Realm, RxJava, Dagger, Butterknife, Picasso and Proguard
- Bonus points for:
- Android’s animation APIs
- A/B testing