Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market—with nearly 200,000 paid subscribers in less than 2 years of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness—and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the role
You will partner with other engineers to design data access patterns, optimize integrations, and solve data problems. You will work closely with cross functional teams, and your input will have a large impact on how our product is built. This is a role that provides a huge opportunity to have a meaningful impact on our business. At Aaptiv, we thrive on building data driven solutions to help our members find workouts that best fit their lifestyles. If you want to join a team that values this mission, and has fun working towards it together, keep reading!
What You’ll Do
- Design data warehouse schemas that accurately represent our business model, and store data efficiently to enable fast application access and easy reporting
- Enforce data standards, help define and manage SLAs for various data sets
- Enforce data precision, implement guidelines and support software engineers in creating software that access and store data in the most optimal way while generating reliable data
- Manage and support all data sources
- Plan and coordinate data migration projects
- Create and maintain ETL processes
- Work collaboratively in an agile environment with cross functional teams to help brainstorm ideas and solve data problems
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer working on building data pipelines and transformations
- Expert knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL, SnowSQL)
- Strong Python skills
- Strong understanding of data access patterns and performance impacts in relational and dimensional models
- Experience with noSQL datastores (MongoDB)
- Experience using AWS services (RDS, EC2, Data Pipeline, Lambda)
- You value code quality, and always deliver code with an accepted level of unit test coverage
- You are always willing to pitch in to help your team no matter what the task may be