Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market -- with over 180,000 paying subscribers in less than 18 months of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
Software Engineers at Aaptiv are responsible for developing across the stack- everything from our client APIs to our search and recommendation systems. In this role, you'll work side by side with Product to craft new features that our users will love. You'll use your experience in API design and building RESTful services as you help develop our system architecture.
We believe the best products are built by teams that collaborate, not by individuals. Our engineers make a significant contribution to the why and how of the products being built. This particular role will be pivotal in the next phase of Aaptiv's engineering growth. Helping our users find the right workout is crucial for a great user experience. You will have an opportunity to make a huge impact on our success.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers to determine the best way for users to discover new workouts
- Build out the new search and recommendation algorithms to support that functionality
- Test different search and recommendation algorithms and track the impact they have on key engagement metrics
- Help guide the overall search and recommendation architecture
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience building large scale applications
- 3+ years of experience designing and building search or recommendation services
- Strong knowledge of search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene
- Extensive experience with a server-side language (such as Java or Python) and SQL
- Familiarity with automated testing and build systems