Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market with a community of nearly 200,000 members and is backed by leading venture capital firms and top companies, including the Amazon Alexa Fund and Disney.
With a mission to empower everyone to live a healthier life, Aaptiv has transformed the way people exercise and train through its innovative audio fitness classes. Every Aaptiv class combines the guiding voice of an expert Aaptiv trainer with motivating music by top artists in every genre. Aaptiv members have unlimited, on-demand access to over 2,500 classes and structured programs across every type of exercise and a wide variety of activities, including running, strength-training, yoga, indoor cycling, meditation, and more.
Want to join Team Aaptiv? We're looking for team members who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
At Aaptiv, we empower our team to build products that our users love. As a part of a small, dedicated team, you will work closely with Product and Design and your input will have a large impact on how and why our product is built. You will also partner with other engineers to design the API used by both of our mobile apps.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be a huge contributor to our success. Being a mobile-only platform, our focus is on the forefront of native app technology. We want to take advantage of emerging trends in the market to deliver the best experience to our users and you will have the opportunity to drive that forward.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside other engineers to build features in our iOS app that help users easily find workouts that are right for them
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to determine the best user experience for our users
- Ensure that we’re writing high quality code through code reviews and automated tests
- Quickly build out prototypes to test out new features and product ideas
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience building consumer-facing iOS applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in Swift
- Expertise with native iOS frameworks such as UIKit and Core Animation
- Experience creating custom user interfaces and animations on iOS
- Proficiency in unit and integration testing.
- Expertise in iOS performance and optimizations
- Experience with HTTP and secure client/server communication.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
It is the policy of Aaptiv to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Aaptiv will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.