Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market—with nearly 200,000 paid subscribers in less than 2 years of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
At Aaptiv, we empower our team to build products that our users love. As a part of a small, dedicated team, you will work closely with Product and Design and your input will have a large impact on how and why our product is built. You will also partner with other engineers to design the API used by both of our mobile apps.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be a huge contributor to our success. Being a mobile-only platform, our focus is on the forefront of native app technology. We want to take advantage of emerging trends in the market to deliver the best experience to our users and you will have the opportunity to drive that forward.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside other engineers to build features in our iOS app that help users easily find workouts that are right for them
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to determine the best user experience for our users
- Ensure that we’re writing high quality code through code reviews and automated tests
- Quickly build out prototypes to test out new features and product ideas
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience building consumer-facing iOS applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in Swift
- Expertise with native iOS frameworks such as UIKit and Core Animation
- Experience creating custom user interfaces and animations on iOS
- Proficiency in unit and integration testing.
- Expertise in iOS performance and optimizations
- Experience with HTTP and secure client/server communication.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive