Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market—with nearly 200,000 paid subscribers in less than 2 years of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
We are looking for a proven technologist to help build out the services tier at Aaptiv. This is an individual contributor role. You will be expected to be a very active contributor to the code base, while mentoring and educating the development team about the “right way” to do things, be it in design patterns, monitoring, or testing. A successful architect should be focused on moving our coding practices in the correct direction. An architect who cannot act as an agent of change will find it very difficult to be successful.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers to determine the best way to distribute our information to the various platforms
- Be a key contributor in the organization
- Provide technical expertise when planning new projects
- Research and propose new technologies
- Scope and stage work into well-defined milestones to avoid a monolithic deliverable
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues
- Work with engineering leadership to define the key values of the engineering organization, based in turn on the company’s values
- Establish engineering standards and requirements for code reviews, branching and merging strategies, testing, test coverage, etc., based on those values
- Actively educate engineers through presentations, mentoring, pair programming, code reviews, etc.
Who You Are
- 7-10 years professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Intimate knowledge of multiple unit testing and automated testing frameworks
- Experience working on large scale systems from design through maintenance and refactoring phases
- Experience mentoring engineers and bringing along a system architecture