Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market -- with over 180,000 paying subscribers in less than 18 months of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
Aaptiv is seeking a Director of Business Development to spearhead strategic partnerships that drive new member acquisition. This role reports directly to the VP of Corporate Development & Operations and is responsible for shaping Aaptivs strategy for working with B2C businesses to drive awareness and new member acquisition. The successful candidate will have 7+ years experience in business development, partnerships, deal negotiation, and related areas.
He or she will have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, and will be great at identifying partner needs, communicating Aaptiv value proposition, and prioritizing opportunities in a target-rich environment. This person must be comfortable working in a fast-paced tech startup environment, and have an eye toward not only deal velocity but also testing hypotheses and learning from failures. This will initially be an individual contributor role, but with significant potential to grow into leading a BD team. MBA and/or strategy consulting experience is a strong plus.
What You'll Do
- Identifying and prioritizing customer acquisition opportunities through partnership
- Developing collateral to communicate opportunity and partnership execution
- Analyzing expected economic benefit of potential partnerships
- Negotiating and closing deals
- Building a robust partnership pipeline
- Working in a project leadership capacity across marketing, growth, product, finance and engineering to deliver partner programs
- Defining mechanisms to track performance for each partnership
- Evaluating performance and communicating and internalizing insights from partnerships to key stakeholders
- Travel required as necessary
Who You Are
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ years experience in a business development, partnerships and/or deal-making role
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships and influencing senior executives
- Ability to manage diverse personalities and difficult situations with grace
- Exceptional ability to structure and prioritize opportunities and make quick and insightful decisions
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A passion for people, deal-making and growth
- Familiarity with mobile consumer tech and consumer marketing businesses
- An understanding of digital subscription businesses and customer acquisition strategy
- Knowledge of and passion for the fitness and wellness industries a plus
- MBA and/or management consulting experience a plus