Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market -- with over 180,000 paying subscribers in less than 18 months of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
Aaptiv—the world's fastest-growing mobile fitness app —is seeking a UI Designer to join our product design team.
At Aaptiv, we know that design is at the forefront of an incredible customer experience. This is a rare opportunity for you to play a key role in shaping the future of our product. Our small team is currently hard at work on upgrading the design of our existing product, as well as developing exciting new features to create a better experience for our members. We're looking for a talented UI designer to help us continually improve Aaptiv's look and feel.
Not only will the work you do at Aaptiv be meaningful and rewarding (every day, we hear from members who are living healthier lives thanks to our product), but you'll get to do it in a fun environment alongside a diverse group of friendly, talented people. We offer competitive compensation, great health benefits, and an awesome office environment including catered meals & a killer pantry, tons of office social events, and unlimited petting of our office dogs!
What You'll Do
- Contribute to overall product strategy through concept generation and high-fidelity prototyping
- Work with product managers, engineers, and other product designers to bring new ideas to life
- Translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation
- Collaborate with product, brand, and marketing designers to create consistent customer experiences across all products
- Manage, contribute to, and evolve our internal design system and style guide
- Frequently give and solicit structured feedback with fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
Who You Are
- You have a shareable portfolio of delightfully simple, easy-to-use, and beautiful designs
- You know the ins and outs of designing both mobile and web applications
- You have a strong understanding of typography, color theory, interaction design, and usability heuristics
- You're an excellent problem solver and are able to clearly communicate the reasons behind your design decisions
- You believe in defining success metrics and making data-driven decisions
- You're a self-starter who's comfortable working in a scrappy environment
- You care deeply about the quality of your design work
- You have a pixel-perfect attention to detail, but you're also able to iterate quickly
- You're humble, thoughtful, and you have a sense of humor
- You're fluent in Sketch and with prototyping tools such as InVision and Principle