Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market—with nearly 200,000 paid subscribers in less than 2 years of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
As the Director of Music Licensing, you’ll be the main point of contact for interfacing with Directors and VP’s at the labels we engage with. You’ll be responsible for reading contracts, reviewing terms, working directly with lawyers/stakeholders, understanding and scoping the operations of the deal (content ingestion and reporting), and initiating agreements/negotiations.
What You'll Do
- Be first line of defense on music licensing deal review
- Recommend licensing negotiation terms and ultimately drive negotiations
- Ultimately own post-deal operational requirements (i.e., reporting, etc.)
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience negotiating digital music licensing agreements
- Extensive international experience is a HUGE plus!
- Ideally you’ve cut your teeth at a major digital music company (i.e., Vevo, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, GrooveShark, Apple Music, etc.)