Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market -- with over 180,000 paying subscribers in less than 18 months of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Content team and our Search / Recommendation team. In this role you will work closely together with two teams of motivated and experienced engineers on the services, tools, and algorithms that Aaptiv uses to provide relevant content to end users to make each session feel as if it’s tailored specifically for them. This will be a highly technical role requiring you to truly understand how each of the pieces of the content, search, and recommendation systems work.
What You'll Do
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify needs of users across the fitness spectrum
- Develop a robust understanding of our existing products, including the web app, the iOS app, the Android app, the classes, the trainers, and the class creation process (“The Aaptiv Method”)
- Work with the data team to get the necessary metrics to create, test, and improve search and recommendation algorithms
- Define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the success of search and recommendation algorithms
- Own the content process to make the creation, release, and delivery of content as efficient and seamless as possible
- Execute on both the short-term and long-term product roadmap via a coherent backlog that supports these roadmaps. Continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Technical capabilities allowing you to engage with engineers on a detailed level and propose development efficiencies to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- Passionate about bringing an excellent fitness experience to people all over the world
- Major plus if you have experience working on search, recommendations, or exposure to machine learning as part of a consumer or enterprise product