Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market -- with over 180,000 paying subscribers in less than 18 months of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Core Services team. In this role you will work closely together with a team of motivated and experienced engineers on the underlying services of Aaptiv, making it possible for other teams within Aaptiv to succeed when building on top of this platform. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Aaptiv experience for all our users at all times. Your work will have a key impact on the total Aaptiv experience.
What You'll Do
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify needs of internal consumers
- Develop a robust understanding of our existing products, including the web app, the iOS app, the Android app, the classes, the trainers, and the class creation process (“The Aaptiv Method”)
- Determine how to most effectively address Aaptiv members’ pain points and requests through well defined product development tasks
- Define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the health of the core mobile product – and how these improve over time
- Execute on both the short-term and long-term product roadmap via a coherent backlog that supports these roadmaps. Continuously maintain, prioritize and iterate on this backlog.
- Make sure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
Who You Are
- 3+ years of product management experience in a consumer facing product with a focus on backend services
- Technical capabilities allowing you to engage with engineers on a detailed level and propose development efficiencies to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- Passionate about bringing an excellent fitness experience to people all over the world