Aaptiv is the fastest growing mobile fitness product on the market -- with over 180,000 paying subscribers in less than 18 months of business. We are the only service that turns your phone into an on-demand fitness studio with all your favorite classes and music. That drive you feel to run, push, or pedal harder in a class or when working with a personal trainer? Aaptiv recreates the experience by synchronizing the voice of a trainer with a playlist of all the music you love, to deliver fun and motivating guided workouts straight to your earbuds.
At Aaptiv, we're building a fitness platform that enables us to develop long-term and personal relationships with users based on their data profiles. By analyzing user behavior patterns, we are able to both create and recommend content customized to specific fitness levels and interests.
Want to join our team? We're looking for people who are passionate about building a world-class fitness experience. There are over 80 million Americans who value fitness - and we believe every one of them should be an Aaptiv user.
About the Role
Aaptiv’s product consists of native mobile applications for iOS and Android as well as a full featured API and content management system. These systems all generate user behavioral, events, and transactions information. We’re looking for a strong data analyst to add to our Data team who can help us structure, organize and analyze data across the organization to gain insights in our business and operations.
Our ideal candidate has a background in test engineering, software development and exposure to AWS / cloud systems. This role is one for a true generalist who loves to continue to learn new technologies and techniques. A can-do attitude and excitement to work across a diversely skilled team is critical.
What You'll Do
- Working closely with all business stakeholders to analyze, organize, and visualize data
- Developing processes to define and measure KPIs
- Running ad hoc analyses to answer strategic questions that can help move our fast growing business forward
- Creating and maintaining data models in Looker to support reporting as a service
- Automating data pipelines from multiple sources in order to run analyses and derive insights
- Working collaboratively in an agile environment with engineers across mobile / API / data to ensure data precision is enforced
Who You Are
- Strong SQL skills (PostgreSQL)
- Ability to provide discoveries using data
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of scripting experience (Python, Bash)
- Experience with ETL process / software
- Experience with data analytics / visualization tool (Looker)
- Experience with AWS tools (RDS, Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, etc.)
- Understanding of data access patterns and performance impacts in relational and dimensional models
- Exposure to mobile application development life cycle