At A2, our mission is to extend the reach of cell therapy to tackle the next frontier in cancer treatment: solid tumors. Our team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of science to transform medicine and turn the tide on serious illness. Central to achieving this mission is our focus on recruiting the best talent and building an environment that enables our team to do the best work of their careers and make an impact on patients and society at large.
The Drug Discovery team is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in the fields of bioinformatics and immunology, or cancer immunotherapy. The successful candidate will join us at our research facility in Agoura Hills, CA and work on cutting edge science in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
This role will be focused on the application of bioinformatics expertise to the analysis and interpretation of large datasets to support ongoing drug discovery projects. These datasets include in vitro and in vivo assay results, RNA expression and high value public resources.
The role will also be involved in the creation of novel algorithms and analytical approaches that can be used to both identify new drug targets as well as predict the safety profile of our targets and increase clinical success rate.
- Application of modern techniques in bioinformatics and statistical analysis to advance discovery programs
- Analysis of large data sets, including gene-expression and next generation sequencing (NGS) data
- Work cross-functionally to identify and validate disease targets and interrogate drug safety
- Represent the drug discovery group internally and externally through publications, networks, collaborations and conferences
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master’s degree & 2 years of scientific experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience
- Advanced degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Genomics or related area
- Familiarity with NGS methods, and hands-on experience with NGS data handling and analysis
- Experience with large-scale data mining from data repositories (e.g. TCGA, GTEx, etc.) and data analysis
- Proficiency in at least two programming languages (e.g. Python, Java etc.)
- Understanding of mathematics/statistical concepts and hands-on experience with tools (e.g. R, Matlab etc.)
- Ability to develop customized bioinformatics tools is a plus
- Strong background in biology, in the areas of immunology, inflammation or cancer biology
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Outstanding communication skills including both oral and written presentation