Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a Business Development Partner focused on the a16z crypto fund.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.5 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lime, Lyft, Okta, PagerDuty, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, Tanium, TransferWise, and Yubico.
The a16z Market Development group serves to shave cycle time off the sales and distribution of portfolio investments’ products, services, or core technology. This team has developed an environment to support product marketing, sales, services, and customer support to accelerate time-to-revenue. Their expertise extends into marketing, product management, and business development to promote the right partnerships for improved requirements gathering, product roadmaps, and proof-of-concepts, as well as go-to-market relationships to accelerate time-to-market.
This new position on the Market Development team will be dedicated to working with a16z crypto portfolio companies and a16z crypto investment team, including General Partners Chris Dixon and Katie Haun.
- Leverage existing and establish new relationships with crypto exchanges to increase business development opportunities for portfolio companies
- Represent a16z crypto's effort with interested external constituents such as corporations and other crypto players
- Provide advice and guidance to portfolio companies on their go-to-market strategies and capabilities
- Segment, target, and develop a network of deep corporate relationships
- Introduce and connect portfolio investments through corporate briefings, conferences, and other events
- Capture, track, and analyze all Market Development activities within Salesforce
- Collect business and market intelligence
- Collaborate with other functional groups including General Partners, Research, Corporate Development, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of market trends in the crypto startup ecosystem
Ideal Candidate Background
- 5+ years of sales and/or business development management experience in crypto/fintech
- Knowledgeable about global exchanges and passionate about the crypto space
- Experience in optimizing sales processes for pipeline management, forecasting, sales operations, and account management
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Optimistic and collaborative with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to build strong relationships with talent and portfolio companies