Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a NYC-based Executive Briefing Coordinator & Receptionist on the Market Development team.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.1 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lyft, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, and Tanium.
The Market Development group serves to shave cycle time off the sales and distribution of our portfolio investments’ products, services or core technology. This team of proven sales, marketing and consulting professionals has developed an environment to support marketing, sales, services, and customer support to accelerate time-to-revenue. Their expertise extends into marketing, product management and business development to promote the right partnerships for improved requirements gathering, product roadmaps and proof-of-concepts, as well as go-to-market relationships to accelerate time-to-market.
- Coordinate with the Market Development team on upcoming briefings in New York
- Serve as the main point of contact for briefing logistics to corporate teams
- Schedule and confirm portfolio company participation in briefings
- Schedule and manage catering for briefings, meetings, and events in the office
- Update internal systems to reflect briefing agenda, attendees, content; maintain corporate and portfolio company contacts in the systems
Reception and Office Administration:
- Receive guests and answer calls to the main phone line in the New York office
- Serve as the liaison with a16z employees in Menlo Park regarding New York office space, guest registration, and meeting logistics
- Maintain relationships with building facility management, food and beverage vendors, third party IT support and other office services
- Ensure conference rooms and kitchen are tidy and fully stocked on a daily basis
- Order office supplies, snacks and refreshments as necessary, and file office expense reports
- Serve as on-site AV support
- Assist with local events, including sourcing venues, setting up catering, etc.
Ideal Candidate Background
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of reception, office management or events experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience
- Superb organization skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate change and react expeditiously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You excel in high pressure situations, and are able to maintain calm and positive
- You work well independently as well as with a team
- Proficiency in using G Suite and Salesforce is a plus