Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a Talent Partner on the Technical Talent and People Practices team.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.1 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lyft, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, and Tanium.
As a Talent Partner with a focus on the a16z Crypto Fund, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, advise, and establish meaningful relationships with top talent and startups. You will be able to leverage your knowledge of talent acquisition strategies while assisting talented people achieve their career aspirations.
To be successful in the role, you must be able to keep pace in a highly fluid, ever-changing environment. You must have excellent communication skills in order to engage with top talent and influence/respond to leadership teams.
- Consistently source and build diverse and robust talent pipelines of technical professionals interested in the crypto space
- Advise portfolio companies on recruiting operations, strategy, sourcing tools and systems
- Strategically utilize social media, networks, forums, blogs and research methods to identify top talent
- Create innovative sourcing strategies and recruiting campaigns for finding top talent
- Thoroughly evaluate candidates and cultivate long-term relationships with talent
- Meticulously track data and extract insight
- Keep abreast of market trends in the crypto startup ecosystem
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in emerging technologies, with agency and/or in-house experience
- You are passionate about and have experience in recruiting technical talent
- Ability to develop and execute against innovative talent development strategies
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have “consultative skills” and the ability to build strong relationships with talent and portfolio companies
- Understanding of crypto startup landscape