Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a Communications Associate.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.5 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lime, Lyft, Okta, PagerDuty, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, Tanium, TransferWise, and Yubico.
The Communications Associate will support the Communications Partners on the a16z Marketing team, as well as work closely with key constituents across consumer, enterprise, bio, and crypto. This is a rare opportunity for a motivated communications professional to have a front-row seat at a top venture capital firm investing in the best entrepreneurs building the next major tech franchises. In this role, you’ll learn from and work with leading communications, editorial, and events experts, collaborate cross-functionally with partners of every level at the firm, and continue to develop and expand your communications chops (think brand-building, executive communications, media relations, etc.).
- Support Communications Partners on overall communications plan for the firm
- Oversee speaking program – vet and respond to external speaking inquiries, assist with speaker prep, and staff speakers when appropriate
- Manage marketing-specific events – collaborate with the events team and relevant partners across the firm to design, produce, and manage events on behalf of the marketing team including media dinners, portfolio workshops, and networking receptions
- Oversee marketing agency network – this includes identifying and vetting appropriate agencies/consultants as well as maintaining the agency dashboard
- Support media program - establish and maintain relationships with key media as well as preparing background materials on meetings and interviews for spokespeople
- Manage marketing database, reporting, and lists – this includes portfolio, media, and other relevant networks
Ideal Candidate Background
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3-4 years of experience in agency and/or in-house communications or marketing; some agency experience preferred
- Skills sought out include autonomy, maturity, ability to multi-task, planning and organization
- Proven media relations experience and understanding of the media landscape; established relationships with key media a plus
- Strong experience working with PowerPoint and/or Keynote a plus
- Emerging track record of managing projects and key programs within teams
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, think on-the-fly, and provide tactical counsel when called upon
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills