Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for an Editorial Partner on the Marketing team.
Andreessen Horowitz is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm with $10 billion under management. Focused on investing in software eating the world, the firm partners with entrepreneurs in their company building at all stages -- from seed to late-stage -- in the biology, consumer, crypto, and enterprise industries. See companies here: https://a16z.com/portfolio
The a16z marketing operation is responsible for building brand through three distinct but collaborative functions: editorial, communications/PR, and events. We’re looking for a strong editor/writer/content marketer to join the team, reporting to the managing editor.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves new tech and how it shapes mainstream culture as software eats the world. Given our network and unique approach to venture capital, this job will give you insights into this exciting new shift - including the emerging companies in the space - as well as place you at the heart of the ecosystem for startup-driven innovation.
- Help define and execute on strategy and tactics for all aspects of content in a specific vertical, help shape coverage of trends and conversations, and stay on top of relevant news and networks
- Develop, edit and write pieces with the investing team, and help craft particular pieces for outside media outlets
- Produce, edit and moderate podcasts, which involves brainstorming, identifying topics, and ensuring episodes have a distinct point of view
- Produce and help co-host videos, working closely with our regular YouTube host and lead producer, as well as our multimedia producers
- Track feedback loops and run experiments for all content in the vertical, including content marketing, social media, networks/lists/CRM, as well as uptake/sentiment
- Produce additional content, such as newsletters and content for our events
- Manage the editorial calendar for the vertical, and coordinate with other editors
Ideal Candidate Background
- You have experience editing and writing in a science/tech media outlet (or equivalent)
- You are both a big picture thinker and a hands-on editor/writer
- You want to write for the masses and have a casual, approachable voice
- You have experience with or the desire to learn the art and science of optimizing a story or idea for different channels and formats
- You can juggle lots of projects and meet deadlines, while maintaining high standards and attention to detail
- You collaborate well with different personalities and always get things done
- You are creative and open-minded to running experiments and figuring out what’s working