Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a Capital Execution role on our Corporate Development Operating Group.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.5 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lime, Lyft, Okta, PagerDuty, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, Tanium, TransferWise, and Yubico.
The Corporate Development team’s mission is twofold: 1) Build long-term, sustained relationships with the most important investors, capital providers, partners, acquirers and advisors to our portfolio companies; and 2) Assist our portfolio companies in preparation and execution of transactions, primarily capital raising, M&A advisory and IPO readiness.
The successful candidate will: (i) work directly with the Corporate Development team’s Industry Leads to advise and assist in our portfolio companies’ capital activities (equity, debt and cap table), (ii) build and maintain the groups detailed fundraising analytics, (iii) analyze and evaluate funding opportunities for follow-on investments for the Firm in existing portfolio companies, and assist General Partners with select growth fundraise analyses; and (iv) support the Industry Leads in building and manage relationships with investors and capital providers.
1. Transaction Guidance & Execution
- Work directly with the Firm’s portfolio companies (in coordination with the Industry Leads, the entire Corporate Development team and General Partners) to:
- Understand and advise on the full lifecycle of our portfolio funding needs
- Assist in planning for capital raising: company positioning, presentation, investor targeting and process guidance and execution
- Manage simultaneous equity capital raise and debt capital raise processes
2. Build & Maintain Analytics Database
- Work directly with the Financial Operations Lead to:
- Build and maintain a detailed analytics database to track portfolio company performance and anticipate funding needs
- Analyze and report on funding trends inside and outside of the portfolio
- Maintain valuation statistics of the Firm’s portfolio companies
- Benchmark and report on portfolio company fundraising performance
3. Analyze & Diligence Follow-On and Select Growth Investments
- Work directly with the Firm’s portfolio companies (in coordination with the Industry Leads and General Partners) to:
- Analyze the Firm’s follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies
- Analyze and diligence investments in select growth investments at General Partners’ direction
Ideal Candidate Background:
- 5+ years of investment banking, private placement and/or growth investment experience in technology
- Detail oriented, with strong analytics and presentation capabilities
- Positive attitude, team player mentality with good instincts and sharp focus
- Demonstrated high level of achievement