You will help design, build and monitor our applications and systems infrastructure that handles billions of page views monthly. You believe in “infrastructure as code”, and have a deep understanding of the software services running on the boxes (Nginx, Mysql, clustering etc). You love building and running massively scalable production systems. You get excited about reacting to a problem to find a solution to improve systems stability and performance.
As a member of the 9GAG engineering team, you will have the opportunity to tackle the technical challenges of truly big scale products. The successful candidates must consistently deliver high quality applications, understand the Internet trend, have good communications skills and problem-solving skills. You would enjoy the excitement working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and build highly-available and scalable systems
- Build and maintain a fault-tolerant platform to operate our services on
- Facilitate the development and deployment of new features through automations
- Monitor and respond to system issues and participate in on-call rotation
Technologies you will be using
- Programming languages like: Go, Python, PHP
- Database engines like: MySQL, Cassandra
- Cloud hosting services: GCP and AWS
- Cool buzzwordy things like: Microservices and Infrastructure-as-code
- Any other open source software like: Nginx, Redis, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Live our values - H2O: Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal, work hard and work smart; Humble to embrace the better ideas of others; Open to welcome differences and possibilities
- Passion to build the best, largest, most fun, platform that the internet has seen
- 3+ years professional hands-on experience with building and managing large scale systems
- Solid expertise and experience in
- Managing containerized applications
- Managing cloud computing platforms
- Programming and systems automation
- Configuration management
- Replacing yourself with a very smart shell script
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Active user of 9GAG.