Our Client is creating a first-ever VR/AR World of Science and Technology experience; a collaborative Virtual and Augmented Reality gaming platform between industry-leading scientists and universities for one of the world’s biggest industries. If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of VR and AR through Science and Technology with a gamification element, this may be the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Lead VR Programmer to join their dedicated team in Germany.
- Implement gameplay systems in a self-organizing, interdisciplinary team
- Write clean, well-tested, performant code
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation
- Analyze and optimize systems as required
- Recognize opportunities to improve our games or general workflows, and seek to make these changes
- Create and iterate new VR and AR gameplay systems for interaction and content creation
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- A minimum of 6 years' game programming experience
- Outstanding people management skills
- Ability to design and communicate gameplay systems to a team
- Competence in writing solid, reliable, and efficient code
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a similar discipline (i.e. Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience
- Experience working on multiplayer games in general, ideally on an MMO are a huge plus
- Shipped console/PC title experience
- VR and/or AR experience as a developer or user
- Performance optimization skills
- Experience in client/server architecture as well as implementing multiplayer gameplay
- Knowledge of database development (MySQL, Oracle, ... )
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation and visa/immigration support will be provided by the company for the employee and their family
- All office communications are in English
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.