Our client is leading AAA console/PC studio currently working on their new IP (AAA console/PC shooter).
Would you like to work with a team that consistently ships innovative and over-the-top action games? Would you like to join an elite team developing groundbreaking AAA games in New York City? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we would like to talk to you about joining our team here in New York City.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Gameplay Programmer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems and leading the entire gameplay programming team. At our New York Studio, you will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and work alongside talented individuals. Working across multiple departments and in close proximity with the Creative Director, you and your team will implement elements of combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience. You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics, and balance the game.
- At least 7+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- At least one shipped AAA project from start to finish as Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent skills in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation and gameplay code in general
- Ability to diagnose problems and make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Jira and Perforce
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and team attitude working with game developers from all disciplines
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for games
- Experience with UE4 engine development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
WHAT THEY OFFER
A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
Personal development opportunities in a diverse, multicultural environment
Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
Discounted gym memberships
4 weeks of paid vacation
Business trips and integration events
Comprehensive assistance in relocation
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.