Our Client is leading AAA console/PC studio currently working on their new IP (AAA console/PC shooter). We are looking for a Senior Combat Designer to join their New York studio.
- Create, pitch and prototype gameplay ideas for core combat and moment-to-moment mechanics and systems, combat characters, their feel, behaviour, abilities and encounters in various settings
- Implement combatant character with animations and behaviour using state machines, behaviour trees, visual effects, sound effects & combat encounters with arena layouts and pacing using provided level design tools and various other scripting systems
- Create designs documents, content briefs, system outlines, and other means of sharing all the necessary information with involved teams
- Full ownership of the produced function - from conceptual and paper design, through the prototyping phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization - until delivery of the game
- Conduct playtest sessions for involved developers (level designers, artists, animators and programmers) to discuss and improve implemented prototypes
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines, ensuring the correct partners are involved and informed throughout the development process
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- At least 6+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- 4+ years of experience shipping AAA TTP / shooters /cover shooters titles in combat or systems design roles
- At least 1 shipped title in a senior role, with a history of successful features
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and align design vision with internal partners and the target audience
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language
- The clear understanding of creative and game development processes
- Extensive experience with online action games
- Extraordinary work ethic, self-motivation and initiative
- English and/or Polish language skills (everyone in our studio speaks English, but Polish language skills are a plus)
PREFERENCE TO APPLICANTS WITH
- Familiarity with scripting languages and a strong foundation in math
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends
- Experience with versatile game development tools such as Unity and Unreal.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Personal development opportunities in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation.
- Business trips and integration events.
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.