ur Client is creating a first-ever VR/AR World of Science and Technology experience; a collaborative Virtual and Augmented Reality gaming platform between industry-leading scientists and universities for one of the world’s biggest industries. If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of VR and AR through Science and Technology with a gamification element, this may be the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Backend Programmer to join their dedicated team in Germany.
- Implement solutions to synchronize gameplay
- Analyze and optimize bandwidth usage and latency effects
- Develop highly scalable, secure and available connectivity services
- Create clear documentation to transfer knowledge and simplify maintenance
- Cooperate closely with our gameplay programmers to ensure multiplayer compatibility
- Recognize opportunities to improve our application or general workflows, and seek to make these changes
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of C/C++ experience
- 2+ years of experience in client-server programming related to video games
- Experience in IP network protocols (TCP and UDP)
- Experience in database development (MySQL, Oracle, ... )
- Experience with replication, arbitration, bandwidth, load balancing and multiplayer concepts
- Experience with 3D game engines
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a similar discipline (i.e. Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience in implementing VoIP
- Experience working on an MMO
- Shipped console/PC title experience
- VR and/or AR experience as a developer or user
Benefits and Pay/Additional information:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation and visa/immigration support will be provided by the company for the employee and their family
- The company is located close to France, Switzerland, the Black Forest, and the Alps for those who like to travel or do outdoor activities on weekends
- All office communications are in English
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.