Our Client is creating a first-ever VR/AR World of Science and Technology experience; a collaborative Virtual and Augmented Reality gaming platform between industry leading scientists and universities for one of the world’s biggest industries. If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of VR and AR through Science and Technology with a gamification element, this may be the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a full-time Technical Director to join our dedicated team. We need your expertise and drive to push our capabilities and technological vision within our company. We believe that VR and AR are the future of scientific research and education and would like you to be a part of our future.
- Define the technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap. Help driving its execution.
- Ensure that realworld one is built to industry best practices and methodologies in line with long term quality expectations.
- Establish the technical quality level of the product (coding standards, performance, and scalability of features and services).
- Produce and maintain plans for mitigation of technical risks across development teams.
- Ensure smooth production together with Dev Management and Technical Leads.
- Collaborate with other technology teams on a technical and knowledge sharing level.
- Coach and mentor Technical Leads when needed to help them get the best out of their teams.
- Keep up with the latest technology trends.
- Be involved in the recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Communicate well at all levels, from executive management to interns.
- Collaborate with designers, producers, artists, and the sound team to realize and surpass our vision of realworld one
- Own the architectural vision and quality level of the shipping client and server
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements across multiple disciplines of programming and technology
- Review and approve completed engineering tasks in collaboration with the production staff and other leads
- Ensure and establish coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices
- Evaluate and mentor all programmers on the team
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices with the goal of improving product quality, team efficiency, and fostering a positive work environment
- Collaborate with other technical leadership within the organization to ensure that team direction is in sync with the organization's goals, and that research and development is consistent to avoid redundancies
- Ensure appropriate technology is used to deliver the best overall benefit for the business.
- A strong leader, mentor, and coach, with excellent communication skills
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a client/server codebase from the beginning all the way through to production
- Experience with Azure Cloud or similar cloud providers and cloud architecture
- Experience with Unreal Engine/off-the-shelf engines as well as native/custom engines
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Fluent in C# and C++
- Previous experience as a technical director
- Shipped several AAA titles
- Deep experience in other areas of game development
- Experience with AI
- Experience in developing MMO games as a technical director or lead
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that the your consent may be withdrawn anytime.