Top AAA console studio in Warsaw is looking for a Senior Sound Engineer with previous games industry experience in the AAA segment. The role also demands a substantial amount of implementation via the game’s implementation tools. All applications must include a quality showreel of original work.
- Creating assets is only 50% of the process, the other 50% is the implementation.
- Create sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate original audio. Design, create, edit, convert, implement and manage large volumes of audio content.
- Knowledge of recording techniques, foley sound creation and on-location recording. The ability to perform field recording and foley if needed.
- Responsibility for several audio sub-disciplines (e.g. Environmental audio, in-game characters, cutscenes, etc.) Creative autonomy around these areas shall be given to the candidate.
- Responsibility for the audio output of the studio, acting as an audio resource for all media that need sound work.
- Plan your own work toward project goals. Ensure that the product is of the best possible quality in the time available.
- Audio play-testing (on target platforms) and audio quality assurance. Identifying, prioritizing, reporting and resolving audio bugs/issues.
- At least 4-6 years of games industry experience.
- At least one shipped AAA project as a sound engineer under your belt.
- Experience using core UE4 audio implementation solutions such as Blueprints logic; the SoundCue editor; the Sound Class and Passive Sound Mix system; the Map Editor; the Animations Editor, etc. You are comfortable editing map geometry in UE4, adding Ambient Actors, Audio Volumes, etc.
- Knowledge of middleware solutions such as Wwise is essential.
- High level of familiarity with audio software such as Reaper, Nuendo, Sound Forge, Wavelab various plugins to produce solid, cutting edge sound design.
- Experience working on Xbox One/PS4 platforms.
- Working knowledge of Perforce, JIRA, Agile methodology.
- Meeting production deadlines and schedules.
- Working effectively and using experience and knowledge to improve interactions between audio and other disciplines.
- This is mainly sound design position although there may be some music editing involved therefore ability to compose music would be an additional asset.
- English and/or Polish language skills.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card.
- Business trips and integration events.
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.