Our client is looking for a Lead Modeler to join their team, working on a new Sci-Fi AAA MMORPG with award-winning AAA studio, the maker.
Qualified individuals will be required to work hands-on to set the benchmark of quality for assets in their area of expertise and also be organized, with excellent communication skills, to support the development of external outsource art resources.
- Responsible for developing and ultimately personally creating quality benchmark assets that are in style and within specifications for the game.
- Ensure that all assets created by outsource resources are consistent with the style and technical guidelines of benchmark assets.
- Be a role model, inspire and mentor other artists in best practices and procedures for asset production.
- Support the Art Director/Management with documentation, planning, scheduling, assignment preparation, and critiques as required.
- Expertise in hard surface modelling of structures, vehicles, props, weapons, etc.
- 5+ years as a professional artist in video game development, 1+ years of art management experience.
- Proficient with standard industry tools like 3dsMax, Maya, Z-Brush, and Substance Painter, with a desire to support and have input into the creation of new systems and tools to help support future production.
- Beyond aesthetic skills and knowledge be aware of current and cutting edge technology for 3d art production trends and processes, tools and techniques: 3D modeling, textures, materials/shaders, lighting, etc.
- Experienced working with outsourced art team resources and pipelines.
- Can communicate in English or Chinese.
Nice to have:
- Identify as a gamer and enjoys playing video games.
- Has experience working on AAA Game titles, especially Sci-Fi or Military IP themed titles.
- Awareness of current and cutting-edge technology for modeling production, processes, tools, and techniques.
They are offering:
- Salary up to 4k USD NET
- Relocation package
- Visa support
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.