4ocean is on a mission to save the world’s oceans, and we are looking to add an additional Software Engineer to our IT team to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
We are looking to add an additional Software Engineer to our team. This role will ideally be located at our headquarters near the beautiful beaches of Boca Raton, FL, however, we will consider a fully remote work option for the right candidate. There is no relocation support available for this position.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, you will play a key role in the growth and development of our information systems as we continue to scale this business.
Other fun stuff you’ll get to do:
- Design, develop and install software solutions that are tailored to our unique business model and help our systems talk to each other.
- Participate in all aspects of software development including design, requirement analysis, task estimation, UX assessments, A/B testing, implementation, and functional testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and 3rd party vendors
- Streamline development process by conducting system analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures that make sense for the future of the department and company.
- Stay abreast of leading-edge programming knowledge and techniques; studying state-of-the-art development tools and computing equipment.
As our Software Engineer you will bring at least 2 years of relevant experience and a passion for Software Engineering. You will have enough experience to be confident coming into a fast and always evolving environment and be able to contribute to our technology stack within a couple of months.
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering or computer science (or relevant experience)
- Experience developing for the Shopify platform
- Building websites and applications for an eCommerce based organization
- Mid-level skills in typescript
- Some experience in managing development environments
- Experience with continuous development and continuous integration
- Strong ability to prioritize your work
- Ability to balance creative engineering with your strong analytical skills producing high quality work that always has a "customer first" focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various departments within the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced, agile, always changing start-up environment
- Optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Drive to play an important role in a business that makes a difference in the world
- Personal passion for sustainability and cleaning the world’s oceans and a great sense of humor!
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in creating and maintaining QA, Staging and Prod environments
- Experience in QA
- SEO/Analytics experience
- Experience with analytics packages
- ERP integration experience
- Live in EST or CST time zones for ease of communication during business hours.
It is also really important that all 4ocean employees naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Ocean first
- Think big, act quickly
- Nudge don’t judge
- We’re in this together
- Get stoked!
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than two and a half years, we have sold enough bracelets to enable us to pull over 8 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably-made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through technology, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. Our operations employ hundreds of people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.