4ocean is on a mission to save the world’s oceans, and we are looking for a Distribution Center Supervisor to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
We are looking for a Supervisor to lead the crew at our Distribution Center in Deerfield Beach, FL.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of work in addition to maximized productivity and accuracy of our warehouse operations.
Other fun stuff you’ll get to do:
- Receive, store and handle products effectively in the distribution center
- Manage inventory control process and system
- Supervise all the activities in distribution center as per standard operating policies
- Develop and share best practices with crew members
- Oversee product shipments to customers in accurate and timely manner.
- Manage carrier vendors and carrier pick up/deliveries
- Lead by example following company procedures and safety policies at all times
- Ensure that distribution center is maintained clean, safe and organized
- Assist in budget development and expense management activities
- Determine and track warehouse KPIs and maintain distribution center reporting
- Understand customer labeling and packaging requirements and ensure team is meeting our customers’ needs
- Train, guide and evaluate fellow warehouse workers assisting crew members as needed
- Monitor crew performance and provide feedback for improvements.
- Identify appropriate resources, perform daily workload assignments, and make staffing adjustments when necessary
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives to ensure quality, productivity and safety
The new Distribution Center Supervisor will bring at least 5 years of relevant experience having worked in that type of role with another small to medium size, fast-paced company.
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
- Knowledge of and experience with methods for process re-engineering
- Experience in inventory control best practices and managing inventory
- Ability to analyze data and provide data insights
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree preferred, or commiserate with experience
- Forklift experience
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced, always changing start-up environment
- Team-first, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Drive to play an important role in a business that makes a difference in the world
- Personal passion for sustainability and cleaning the world’s oceans
Bonus points if you have:
- Bilingual fluency (Spanish preferred)
- Experience working for a start-up company
It is also super important that all 4ocean employees naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Ocean first
- Think big, act quickly
- Nudge don’t judge
- We’re in this together
- Get stoked!
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than two and a half years, we have sold enough bracelets to enable us to pull over 8 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through technology, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. Our operations employ hundreds of people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.