4ocean is a high-growth movement driving environmental change globally. We look for people who are smart, driven, and real. We hire leaders and innovators, not employees or staff. The success and quality of our brand are attributed to the talent of our people. We are looking for an Ocean Plastic Researcherto join our team.
4ocean is looking for a passionate researcher with strong presentation skills to provide peer-reviewed research that will be used for multiple purposes including education and marketing.
Research topics will be internally funded. Some topics will be assigned by key stakeholders, but the researcher will also have the autonomy to dictate additional research topics.
- Organize and interpret 4ocean-collected data that will be used for or during research projects as well as by 4ocean teams
- Create and pitch research topics and projects to key-stakeholders
- Deliver research that will generate and maximize revenue for the brand
- Represent 4ocean at highly visible corporate education events as well as community and industry events (e.g., TED talks and other international and scientific forums)
- Spearhead lobbying efforts as it pertains to plastic consumption and pollution
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and magazines
- Weekend work may be required as assigned
- Physical ability to participate in cleanups/research which includes lifting, bending, walking, being out in the sun, and other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Oceanography, Toxicology, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of organic chemistry and plastic chemistry, especially as it relates to plastic production, manufacturing, and recycling
- 5 years of relevant experience including work with political lobbying or corporate/organizational education
- Experience in for-profit, corporate education environments
- Experience with public speaking and/or teaching at the college level or higher
- Must be able to understand and explain topics concerning marine debris, ocean currents, climate change, marine biology, and pollution to laypeople
- Track record of managing national and international projects and experience in the for-profit sector
4ocean is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.