4FMV is looking for a Senior Information Security Specialist for a client in Downtown Toronto on a permanent basis. Located just steps from Union Station, our client is a leader in their field and recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
Our client is expanding its security team and aggressively overhauling all it does. Until recently the entire security program was monitoring appliances. The mandate has changed. Our client is expanding its services which is requiring more oversight and governance. They are re-assessing everything from the ground up including all the tools they currently have in place.
This is an ideal role for someone with a solid general background in security, who is senior enough to help direct the vision but not so senior that you can’t be hands on. As the Senior Security Specialist reporting to the CISO, you will be responsible for delivering, implementing, and maintaining key parts of the security program.
- 10-15 years hands on information security experience
- 5+ years incident investigation/response
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CISA/CISM, SANS/GIAC, Cisco CCNA Security, CompTIA Security +
- Experience assessing security technologies and or services against security and business requirements to enable management to make a decision
- Knowledgeable of industry security standards and requirements
- Efficient at researching the latest security threats and vulnerabilities and applying this knowledge to protect company assets
- Able to draft documentation and presentations deliverables such as request for proposals, standard operating procedures, presentation decks, policies, and or management reports
- Agile and flexible, willing to take on a wide variety of security technologies with an expanding portfolio to evolve with the latest security landscape