4FMV is looking for 3 Senior Java Developers for a client in Downtown Toronto on a long term contract. Located just steps from Union Station, our client is a leader in their field and recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
This position will be responsible for assisting software development teams in their efforts to containerize existing Java-based applications, automate deployments using CI/CD pipelines, and automate testing.
This is a perfect opportunity for a strong Java Developer with some DevOps exposure looking for more hands on DevOps experience.
- Prepare Java applications for containerization by implementing prerequisite changes, e.g. 12-Factor Apps
- Automate application deployments using Maven, Artifactory and Jenkins Pipelines
- Automate testing (unit testing, integration testing and UI testing)
- Provide technical leadership related to DevOps tools and processes
- At least 6 years of experience in systems development
- 3+ years in Java/J2EE environment
- Strong knowledge of JBoss or Spring framework
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Maven
Nice to haves
- Experience or exposure to DevOps
- Knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker containers
- Knowledge of Artifactory