Business Development Associate
45RPM is looking to hire an entry level Business Development Associate to join our growing team! We are a Digital Marketing Agency based in Washington, DC’s eclectic Blagden Alley blossoming with creatives and Mexico’s booming hub, Mexico City. We are a do-it-all agency, with a team of front-end and back-end developers, copywriters, designers, project managers, and videographers.
The role is responsible for working with the partners to identify brands we want to work with and reaching out to those brands to understand their needs and set meetings. Candidates must be comfortable finding connections and contacts and starting conversations over the phone or email and developing and presenting proposals.
- Ability to make first calls or contacts
- Ability to think creatively to solve tough problems
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Knowledge of agency life and the scope of services provided and average time/budget associated with each
- Spanish language skills are a plus
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working in a small, dynamic environment
- Team player who is able to learn on-the-go and often help out in other areas
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills
- Past marketing experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented thinker, who can work under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
What You’ll Be Doing
- Researching organizations and individuals online to identify new sales leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Pitching 45RPM services to leads and clients
- Maintaining client communications
- Developing quotes, proposals, presentations, and SOWs
- Developing and presenting decks for client presentations
What We Offer
- A small, fun, and dynamic office space filled with enthusiastic young professionals — music is always playing!
- Metro-accessible office, close to great food and drink
- Relaxed dress code (with the exception of client meetings)
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Healthcare and generous vacation policy
- Opportunity to use your Spanish speaking skills
At 45RPM, we like to think of ourselves as a team of misfits. We’re no drama, and a little weird. But more importantly, we are uncompromising in our commitment to provide the best possible service to our clients, and need people ready to honor that. Our work is demanding, but when you love the people you’re doing it for (and with) - it’s incredibly fulfilling.