Senior Android Engineer
We are a grocery delivery startup that delivers in as short as an hour. Focused on delivering groceries and home essentials, we already have over 500,000 items from local stores in its catalog.
Customers can choose from a variety of local stores including Safeway, Whole Foods, Super Fresh, Harris Teeter, Shaw's, Mariano's, Jewel-Osco, Stanley's and Costco. Additionally, customers can mix items from multiple stores into one order.
We have over 200 employees and a $4B valuation and are looking for a driven, talented Android developer to join our team. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred with 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Java and with Android SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- A strong sense of ownership
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience with RxJava
- Interest in Kotlin
- Data-Driven mindset
- Automated testing experience
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both challenge and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership