Our team is growing, and we’re looking for software engineers looking to build the future of online education. The most successful students are motivated to improve their skills and their careers – the same holds true for our team. The team here enjoys massive responsibility, resources to learn, and the opportunity to see and grow the entire business.
Have a background that shows unusual growth and a history of learning? Collected at least three years of on-the-job experience? We want to talk to you.This role is open to anyone eligible to work in the US, especially those with a track record of working remotely.
Our stack is currently React, Vue, Python, PostgreSQL, redis, Heroku and AWS. You’ll be coming in to play with a distributed system comprised of 35+ services that talk to each other over RESTful APIs, and we will collaborate towards the thoughtful expansion of the services and their architecture.
We know that we may not be your last job but we will work to have it be the one you’re most proud of. Interested? Apply below.
- Handle the entire software development lifecycle of products and software systems, from the requirement-gathering phase to their deployment
- Work with design, product and engineering teams to design and implement our products
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product teams to allocate and plan our monthly development cycles
- Collaborate to outline and build the architecture of our microservice system of services
- Work on and improve application performance, be it at process level or at the network level
- Design testing strategies for our codebase and perform (and receive) productive peer reviews
- Mentor smart colleagues (engineers and non-engineers) that are learning the software development ropes
- Experience of 3+ years software engineering and a real passion for building and delivering value
- Exceptional written and verbal communication: you take pride in your skills, and believe that what you say is as significant as how you say it
- Demonstrated commitment to better yourself and grow both as a person and as professional
- Command of the Web stack languages and protocols, you will be expected to work on the full stack
- Experience with distributed systems, the networking stack and UNIX
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting your head down and programming: you love helping people learn and grow
Nice to Haves
- DevOps / SRE experience
- Experience building Electron apps
- Database administration skills
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance are 100% covered.
We will consider all qualified people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Do you have a disability or need that requires accommodation? Please let us know.