iOS Engineering Manager
Looking for an iOS Engineering Manager to join our Brooklyn office and help drive the success our Engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this person will play a key role in shaping the department’s development and strategy. The Engineering Manager will lead a team of iOS engineers, actively taking steps to support their growth and to help them to advance in their careers, as well as providing day to day guidance and ensuring they are on track to meet our product milestones.
Working closely with other department leads in Product, Design and Operational teams, the Engineering Manager will also draw on their exceptional technical ability as an iOS engineer to directly contribute to building great mobile products. They will drive a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration across the team, and help to build trusting relationships with partners.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback to your team members, address performance issues and guide the professional and technical development of our engineers
- Own 6-month goals and help develop our engineers’ careers
- Help assign our engineers to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
Expert iOS Engineering
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile-driven team
- Collaborate with exciting brands and deliver cutting edge iOS apps that impact millions of users
- Write exemplary, maintainable and scalable code to represent industry leading best practices
- Keep up-to-date with the broader platform and mobile development ecosystem, and share learnings with the team
Strategic and Product Focused
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges for your teams
- Work closely with our recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Collaborate with your engineers and/or product managers to manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Help your team build relationships across functions such as Design, Product, Operations, and New Business to ensure continuing success
Your Skills and Experience
- You are a great engineer yourself, well respected by your fellow software engineers
- 5+ years industry engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering excellent mobile products,
with extensive experience in iOS frameworks
- 1+ years experience managing software engineers from within and outside the project
- You understand how software was designed, built and shipped, and provide solutions rather than excuses or problems
- You are eager to embrace challenges daily while always embodying our core values
- You have a track record of making the right kinds of product trade-offs and are willing to do enough project management and people development to keep the team/project humming along
- Proven ability to interface and coordinate with diverse multi-functional teams and prioritize across
- You enjoy solving people management problems and value team success over individual success
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, iterative, agile environment
Our Benefits and Rewards
- Impactful work with an inspiring group of people is what gets our employees (who we fondly refer to as P’s) excited to come to work every day. But we know there is more to life than our craft.
- We offers access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as transit benefits and a 401(k) plan with company matching with immediate vesting
- We have a flexible vacation policy: take what you need, as long as it works for your team; plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, and a winter break leading up to the New Year We are proud to offer 12 weeks of paid New Parent Leave for moms and dads
- We want all P’s to feel at home when they’re at work - we’ve got creature comforts like snacks and coffee,
and actual creatures thanks to our dog-friendly offices
- P’s participate in employee-led committees focusing on everything from party planning (bowling! picnic in
the park!) to wellness (Kombucha brewing! fitness classes!)
- Our Employee Resource Groups focused on Diversity and Inclusivity dedicatedly create spaces for conversation and education regarding issues affecting women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community
We are a mobile-focused product agency. Based in Brooklyn and San Francisco, our recent partners have included SoulCycle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Scotts Miracle Gro and American Express. We're a team of makers and breakers helping our partners solve their greatest challenges, and we're constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.
We are a an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we encourage individuals from such groups to apply.